The Medical Director provides leadership in all areas relating to the clinical operation of Whitefoord’s school and community health centers located in Atlanta, Ga. The Medical Director is responsible for recommending and implementing clinical policies and procedures; supervising the clinical staff; insuring continuous quality improvement in all clinical activities; and acting as an integral part of the organization’s leadership Team. The Medical Director reports to the CEO and provides direct patient care which includes preventative care and primary diagnosis and treatment in a primary care setting (no obstetrics). This is a full-time exempt position.
Must be a competent physician, administrator, and a team player who is committed to improving medical and psychosocial outcomes for underserved children, adolescents, and adults. Must demonstrate good leadership skills and be able to communicate effectively with staff, school administrators, community partners and other stakeholders.
•Medical Degree (from accredited medical school within the United States)
•Post-graduate training in the field of Pediatrics/ Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
• Board Certified and must have current MD unrestricted license in the State of Georgia
•Minimum of 5 years of experience as primary care provider; community/public health
center experience desired
•Minimum of 3 years supervisory/management experience
VICE-PRESIDENT, MARKETING AND DEVELOPMENT
Under the general supervision of the CEO, the Vice President of Development and Marketing is responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating fund-raising and public relations efforts to obtain individual, foundation, corporate and government support to assist Whitefoord,Inc. in achieving its short and long range fundraising and marketing goals. The successful candidate will be energized by the opportunity to grow a development program and have experience in the metropolitan Atlanta philanthropic community. The Vice President of Development and Marketing candidate will be a talented individual committed to applying exceptional fundraising and networking skills to expand the major donor base and significantly increase revenues from individuals, foundations and corporations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Major Gifts and Donor Cultivation
- Define and establish engaging donor cultivation and gift stewardship program to ensure that new major donors are developed, existing donors are encouraged to upgrade and all major donors.
- Ensure that Whitefoord Board Leadership is fully engaged in resource development by working with the CEO to continue to strengthen the Board and Marketing and Development Committee.
- Establish strategies to cultivate donors toward greater gift-making, leveraging existing vehicles (direct mail, volunteerism, etc.) and strengthening or creating others.
- Refine and establish donor acquisition initiatives, introducing prospective donors to the organization and engaging newly introduced donors to involvement opportunities
- Conduct prospect donor research, prepare comprehensive donor profiles and briefing materials for donor calls and visits, and manage all correspondence and reporting to prospects and major donors.
- Direct staff activities including oversight for the receipt and acknowledgement of donations, collection of pledges, ensuring that donor restrictions and specifications are honored, communicating with donors and the public, and maintaining donor records.
Fundraising and Grant Writing
- Develop, organize and implement a fund-raising plan for Whitefoord detailing short and long-range goals.
- Provide leadership in the planning, preparation and implementation of all fund-raising activities.
- Review and make improvements to the annual campaign.
- Analyze in a timely manner the results of all fundraising activities.
- Organize and train staff and volunteers in fundraising techniques and solicitation of gifts.
- Prepare fundraising budget and track associated expenses on a monthly bases.
- Prepare written proposals to individuals, corporations, foundations and government entities as required.
Marketing and Communications
- Develop and implement marketing, internal and external communications plan.
- Refine and maintain e- newsletter and social networking strategies i.e. Facebook and Twitter.
- Develop strategies to increase the community’s awareness of Whitefoord’s new brand identity
- Maintain and regularly update the organization website
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have knowledge of Atlanta and Georgia funding sources.
- Supervisory, leadership, team building and mentoring skills required.
- Ability to build strong relationships and get along with diverse personalities, while displaying tact, maturity and flexibility.
- Track record of success in direct solicitation of individual major gifts in excess of $15,000
- Strong strategic and project planning experience optimal.
- Must be detailed-oriented, have good analytical abilities, high energy level and comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day –to-day activities.
- Must have the capacity to influence and motivate people.
- May be required to travel within metropolitan Atlanta and throughout Georgia.
- Must have computer literacy and familiarity with database development and management.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one, small and large group settings.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of B.S. or B.A. from an accredited college or university required.
- Eight or more years of demonstrated experience and success in nonprofit grant writing and fund raising (annual, capital, planned giving and special events).
- Knowledge of or experience with non-profit administration and /or non-profit fundraising preferred.
- Successful Annual Campaign experience required, including direct experience with donor stewardship, cultivation and solicitation.
- Experience working with fundraising software is required.
- CFRE (Certified Fund Raising Executive) preferred.