Child Development Program
The Whitefoord Child Development Program was established in 1998 to increase the quality, quantity, and accessibility of child care for residents of the Edgewood community. From its initial enrollment of 20, the program has grown to serve more than 130 children.
Today the Child Development Program serves children from birth – three years old.
Our National Association for Education of Young Children (NAEYC) accredited program features a High Scope Learning Approach Curriculum in which children enjoy an environment that stimulates learning and encourages curiosity, exploration, problem-solving, and self-expression through hands-on activities.
Education at the Child Development Center includes:
- Daily schedule with a balance of child-selected and teacher-facilitated activities.
- Positive interactions between teachers and children – moments that can last a lifetime.
- Parent involvement and conferences in which teachers share insightful observations.
- Ongoing teacher training and professional development.
- Family Resource Coordinators who provide parenting workshops, counseling and connection to other Whitefoord Inc. services and community programs.
- Two healthy meals and a snack based on USDA nutritional guidelines
Tuition for the Child Development Program is based on the age of your child and family income. Assistance may be available if you are unable to afford care. Whitefoord will help you determine what financial assistance you could receive when you complete your registration materials.
Registration for Whitefoord Child Development Program is open year-round but is subject to availability. We do maintain a wait list if there are no open spots when you register.
For assistance or to submit your registration, contact Regina Warren at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Parent Center at the Whitefoord Early Learning Academy.
The Whitefoord Child Development Program is open from 6:30 AM – 6:00 PM Monday – Friday. Holiday and Closure information can be found in your Parent Handbook.
Infant classes are in the Hummingbird House.
Toddlers classes are in the Phoenix House.
Three-year old classes are in the Whitefoord Early Learning Academy.
For more information, contact Regina Warren at email@example.com or 404-802-6900.